Why is my view range greyed out in Revit?
In your case you seem to have a view template assigned to your view. This (can) cause different settings to be grayed out because it is controlled by the view template. You can solve it by removing the view template from the view (set it to
How do I change the view in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.
How do you find the below level in Revit?
Follow these steps:
- In plan view, click View menu > View Properties.
- Click the Edit button for the View Range parameter.
- Enter a value for both the Bottom Offset, under Primary Range, and the Level Offset, under View Depth, that is more than 4 feet from the floor or slab.
How do I get my tabs back in Revit?
By default, each view opens in a new tab. Use Tile Views and Tab Views to switch back and forth between tiles and tabs, depending on your current needs. Click View tab Windows panel (Tab Views).
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
How do you go back to a previous view in Revit?
Retrieve Previous Views from the Navigation History
- Display a wheel.
- Click and hold the Rewind wedge. The Rewind History panel is displayed.
- While holding down the mouse button, drag to the left or to the right to restore a previous view. Dragging to the left restores an older previous view.
What is Revit plan view?
The structural plan view is the default view when you start a new project using a structural template. … You can create multiple structural plan view types. Engineers view plans at different orientations in different countries. Revit provides for this variation with the View Direction type parameter for structural plans.
How do I change the view range?
Open a plan view. On the Properties palette, locate the View Range parameter, and click Edit. Alternatively, enter VR on the keyboard. In the View Range dialog, modify view range properties as necessary.
How do I use underlay in Revit?
Create an Underlay
- In the Project Browser, open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, for Range: Base Level, select the level you want to underlay. Range: Top Level is automatically set to one level above the Base Level. …
- On the Properties palette, for Underlay Orientation, select Look Up or Look Down.