How do you enter topography in Revit?
Create a Toposurface by Placing Points
- Open a 3D view or a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface).
- On the Options Bar, set a value for Elevation. …
- Next to the Elevation text box, select one of the following: …
- Click in the drawing area to place points. …
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you link a view in another Revit?
Link One Model to Another
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
How do you get contour lines in Revit?
Contour labels display in site plan views.
- Create a topographic surface with different elevations.
- Open a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Label Contours).
- Sketch a line that intersects one or more contour lines.
How do I manage links in Revit?
To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models. Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you add thickness to topography in Revit?
To create the thickness you either create a copy of the 3D view or work in the default 3D view. 2. You then switch on the section box in view properties dialog. slightly into your 3D surface until you see you Topography Cut pattern appears.
How do I link a Revit model to BIM 360?
Link Revit Models in BIM 360
- From the Insert tab in Revit, click Link Revit.
- Choose the BIM 360 drive in the file browser.
- Navigate through the project and folder structure to the location of your model.
- Select the model and click Open.
What files can Revit link?
Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT. CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
How do you cut topography in Revit?
Split a Toposurface
- Open a site plan or 3D view.
- Click Site tab Modify Site panel (Split Surface).
- In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split. …
- Click Modify | Split Surface tab Draw panel (Pick Lines), or use other sketch tools to split the toposurface.
How do you hide topographic lines in Revit?
To turn off the lines:
- Go to Visibility Graphics > Contour Lines.
- Uncheck Primary Contours and Secondary Contours.
How do I hide a link in a Revit element?
Individual elements in linked models can be hidden in the host project as shown below. To select an element in a linked model, roll your cursor over the element and press <Tab> until only that element highlights. Then, right-click and select Hide in View > Elements.
How do Revit Worksets work?
When you make a workset editable in Revit, you are taking exclusive ownership of all objects in it. Only one user can exclusively edit each workset at a given time. All team members can view worksets owned by other team members, but they cannot always make changes to them.