How do you split a wall in Chief Architect?
Launch Chief Architect and create a New Plan . Select Build> Wall> Straight Exterior Wall , then click and drag to draw a simple rectangular structure. Still using the Straight Exterior Wall tool, draw a wall that divides the structure into two rooms. Select the dividing wall and click the Open Object edit button.
How do you change the wall thickness in Chief Architect?
To change an individual wall
Using the Select Objects tool, select the wall that you want to change, then click the Open Object edit button. On the Wall Types panel of the Wall Specification dialog that displays, use the Wall Type drop-down menu to select the appropriate wall type.
How do you change the wall height in chief?
How do I change ceiling height in chief architect?
- In plan view, using the Select Objects tool, select the room you wish to edit and click Open Object edit button to open the Room Specification dialog for that room.
- Click on the Structure panel and enter a new floor or ceiling height.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
How do you make the first floor on Chief Architect?
- Create a new floor by selecting Build> Floor> Build New Floor. …
- In the New Floor dialog, select Make new blank plan for the 2nd floor, then click OK.
- In the Floor Defaults dialog that displays next, specify your desired floor and ceiling settings, then click OK to create a new blank floor level.
How do you define a room in Chief Architect?
A room in Chief Architect is a totally enclosed area defined by any combination of joined Walls, Railings, Half Walls, or Room Dividers (also known as invisible walls), and all of these tools can all be accessed under the Build menu.
What is a half height wall?
A half wall — sometimes called a knee wall — differs from a regular wall in height alone. Technically, a half wall can be any height short of the ceiling; realistically, most half walls are about 3 to 4 feet tall, depending on the wall’s purpose and location.