How do you view section plane in Sketchup?
To add a section plane, follow these steps:
- Choose Tools, Section Plane to activate the Section Plane tool. …
- Move the Section Plane tool around your model. …
- After you figure out where you want to cut, click once to add a section plane. …
- Choose the Move tool.
How do you activate two planes in Sketchup?
To use simultaneously active planes, the trick is to group your model with a section plane and create another one outside the group. Create the first section plane, and place it at the desired position. To avoid letting any part of the model out, double-click the first section plane to de-activate it.
How do I unhide a section plane in Sketchup?
Have a look at the Styles window area and under the Edit > Modeling area you will see the ability turn on/off the Section Planes variable.
What is section plane in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, section planes cut a model along a plane so that you can peer inside the model – without moving or hiding any geometry. In a 3D model, an active section plane hides everything on one side of the plane, as shown in the following figure.
How do I cut a shape in Sketchup?
Just select the geometry you want to bring into the group/component, hit Ctrl+C/Ctrl+X (Or command on Max), then double click the group to edit, and then right click and select ‘Paste-in-Place’. (See attached image). Now the geometry you want to cut away from your group should be manipulatable inside the group itself.
How do I cut a model in Sketchup?
How to Cut Your SketchUp Model into Parts for 3D Printing
- 1Select the group you want to cut and make a new group around it. …
- 2Working inside the new group, create geometry in the shape of the cut you want to make. …
- 3Select the Cutter object and choose Edit→Intersect Faces with Context (or choose Edit from the right-click menu).
How do I unhide in Sketchup?
Also you can go to View> check hidden geometry, then right click on the group and click on unhide.
How do you make lines thicker in SketchUp?
Click [x] Edges. In the drop down box Color, select [By material]. Click [x] Profiles and adjust the value to get different line thicknesses.