A project template can include view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired. … As installed, Revit provides several templates for different disciplines and types of building projects.
What is the purpose of view template in Revit?
A view template is a collection of view properties, such as view scale, discipline, detail level, and visibility settings. Use view templates to apply standard settings to views. View templates can help to ensure adherence to office standards and achieve consistency across construction document sets.
How do I use a Revit template?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.
What is a Revit template What is it composed?
A template is an essential part of Revit. The template is basically a set of customized settings for a specific project or for every new project as per your requirements. you can do view setting for annotation and model settings. section line on-off. dimensions on-off.
How do I manage a view template in Revit?
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
- In the View Templates dialog, under View Templates, use the Discipline filter and the View type filter to limit the list of view templates. …
- In the Names list, select the view template to use as a starting point for the new template.
How do I assign a view template in Revit?
Apply a View Template
- In the Project Browser, select the view or views to which you want to apply a view template. …
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Apply Template Properties to Current View, or right-click and select Apply View Template.
Where is the template in Revit?
The default location for templates will be within the path C:ProgramDataAutodeskRVT ####Templates. If the desired path does not exist, it can be set up in Windows explorer. If using a custom Revit. ini file, review the stored settings.
How do I make a Revit template from scratch?
Create a Project Template
- On the Home page, under Models, click New. …
- In the New Project dialog, under Template file, select: …
- Under Create new, select Project template.
- Click OK. …
- Define settings.
- Create any geometry that will be used as a base in future projects.
- Click File tab Save.
How do I create a Revit file?
Create a Model
- On the Home page, under Models, click New. As an alternative, from the ribbon, click File tab New (Project).
- In the New Project dialog, under Template file, do one of the following: Select a template from the list. …
- For Create new, click Project.
- Click OK.