How do you remove a dimension line?
Remove a Dimension Line Segment
- Position the cursor over the individual segment of a dimension string to be deleted.
- Press Tab until the segment is highlighted, and click to select it.
- Press Delete. Note: Any instance overrides are retained in the remaining dimension segments when an individual segment is deleted.
How do I remove dimensions?
Select the added dimension(s) you wish to permanently delete from the drawing. 2. Right-click and select Delete on the shortcut menu, or on the Annotate tab, in the Delete group, click Delete. The dimension is deleted.
How do I change dimension lines in Autocad?
Edit dimension text
- Right-click a dimension on the drawing sheet and select Edit.
- In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click in the text box. …
- In the Edit Dimension dialog box, edit the dimension text. …
- If needed, change the line justification or the position of the line.
What is the distance between object outline and a dimension line?
Dimension lines should be spaced uniformly throughout the drawing. They should be at least 3/8″ from the object outline and 1/4” apart.
How do I get rid of DimXpert dimensions?
Use the Delete All Tolerances tool to delete the entire DimXpert database. To delete all DimXpert tolerances: Open a part with DimXpert tolerances. Click Delete All Tolerances (DimXpert toolbar) or Tools > DimXpert > Delete All Tolerances.
How do I delete dimensions on PBCS?
Firstly, you can export your metadata from the application overview, edit the file and then import it back into PBCS. You can delete members this way by checking the “Clear members” check box.
How do I change AutoCAD to MM?
- On the Dimension menu, click Style.
- In the Dimension Style Manager, click New.
- In the New Dimension Style dialog box, select a Name, Start With Style, and select Use For: All Dimensions. …
- On the Primary Units tab, enter mm in the Suffix box and set the Scale Factor to 25.4 (there are 25.4 mm per inch).
Why is AutoCAD not showing dimensions?
But most likely the missing dimensions is because the dimension is using annotative style. The dimensions don’t have the active scale in the dimension scale list. Check the scale. … After you click OK, you should see the dimension now!
Which should never be used as a dimension line?
Explanation: An outline or a centre line should never be used as a dimension line. A centre line may be extended to serve as an extension line.
What are the rules for dimensioning?
Dimensions should NOT be duplicated, or the same information given in two different ways. Don’t over-‐define or under-‐define the object. 2. No unnecessary dimensions should be used – only those needed to produce or inspect the part.