Select a text element, and click Edit Type to view the Text Size parameter. The size listed here is the printed size for the text. To change the size of text placed with the Text tool, create a duplicate family, and make the necessary change to the Text Size parameter.
How do I reduce the size of a dimension in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do you change dimension size in Revit?
6.4 Modifying Dimensions
- In the drawing area, select the dimension you want to edit.
- Double click on the dimension value. The Dimension Text dialog displays.
- In the Dimension Value field, select Use Actual Value.
- Enter the text you want to display in the Above, Below, Prefix, and/or Suffix text fields. …
- Click OK.
How can I reduce the size of my dimensions?
To Set the Overall Dimension Scale
- Do one of the following: …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, Styles list, select the style you want to change.
- Click Modify.
- In Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Fit tab, under Scale for Dimension Features: …
- Click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Dimension Style Manager.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do you activate dimensions in Revit?
Use the Activate Dimensions option to display them.
- Select multiple elements in the drawing area.
- On the Options Bar, click Activate Dimensions. Note: System performance can significantly increase when the temporary dimensions and constraints are not displayed.
How do I change text size dimensions?
In the Dimension Style Manager, select the style you want to change. Click Modify. In the Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Text tab, under Text Appearance, select a text style. If the current text style does not have a fixed height, enter the height of dimension text in the Text Height box.
When can you change the height of your text?
Important: Text height can only be defined in one place: in the dimension/leader style or in the text style. If the text height will not change or is disabled in the dimension or leader style, then it needs to be adjusted in the text style that the dimension or leader style uses.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
Can I open a STEP file in Revit?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
Can Revit open FBX files?
GraphWorX64 version 10.95 and later support import of 3D models form Revit via IFC or FBX format.