Evaluates the integrity of a drawing and corrects some errors. Audit places the objects with errors that are in the current space into the Previous selection set.
How do I AUDIT an AutoCAD file?
To use this command type AUDIT on the command line and press enter, then select Yes from the command line options or type Yes and press enter. AutoCAD will automatically look for errors in the file and it will fix those errors.
What does AutoCAD purge do?
Removes unused items, such as block definitions and layers, from the drawing. The Purge dialog box is displayed. Unused named objects can be removed from the current drawing.
How do you purge and AUDIT in AutoCAD?
- Open the drawing file.
- Audit and fix any errors: Type AUDIT at the command line. “Y” for Yes to fix any errors, then Enter.
- Remove unused named objects from the drawing: Type PURGE at the command line. …
- Purge Registered Applications (from the command line): Type -PURGE. …
- Save the drawing.
How do I fix a corrupted DWG file?
How to repair an AutoCAD file
- Install Recovery Toolbox for DWG on your computer.
- Start Recovery Toolbox for DWG.
- Select corrupted *. …
- Click the Analyze button.
- Preview the recovered objects from the damaged DWG file.
- Click the Start recovery button to export the data into a new AutoCAD project.
What is Purge command?
Use the PURGE statement to remove a table or index from your recycle bin and release all of the space associated with the object, or to remove the entire recycle bin, or to remove part of all of a dropped tablespace from the recycle bin.
How big of a download is AutoCAD?
2.5 GB hard disk free for download and installation. 1024×768 with True Colours display. Apple Safari 5.0 or later.
How do I reduce the size of a DWG?
Use the following commands to reduce the size of a DWG file.
- Detach all unneeded xref files using the XREF command.
- Select all objects in a drawing and enter the OVERKILL command. …
- Enter the -PURGE command and choose Regapps.
- Enter the PURGE command and select all options.