Faces are two dimensional areas that are drawn between lines. … As you can see, as soon as this shape is closed, SketchUp automatically creates a face between these three points because it now has the 2 prerequisites required to create a face – at least 3 coplanar (meaning on the same plane) lines and a closed shape.
What is a face in Sketchup?
In other words, a face is defined by the edges that surround it, and those edges all have to be on the same, flat plane. Because you need at least three straight lines to make a closed shape, faces must have at least three sides. There’s no limit to the number of sides a SketchUp face can have, though.
How do you make faces in Sketchup?
Sketchup Create Faces Plugin
- Import. First, import your 2D AutoCAD model, or draw a few shapes in Sketchup. …
- Select. Once you have your shapes drawn or your model imported, use the selector tool to select all of the shapes.
- Extensions > Eneroth Face Creator. …
- Import. …
- Select. …
- Extensions > Eneroth Face Creator.
How do I flatten a cad in Sketchup?
Without a plugin, you can flatten the lines:
- go to topview with Parallel Projection on.
- export to a 2D DWG file to full scale (File menu>Export>2D Image)
- import the DWG you made back into SketchUp.
15 мая 2018 г.
What does coplanar mean?
operating in the same plane
What is reverse face in SketchUp?
Couple tips for doing this. First – how to switch the faces. One way to do this is to right click on each individual face and select “Reverse Faces.” This will swap the front face and back face orientation. This is probably the easiest way if you only have to swap a few different faces.
What is explode in SketchUp?
Explode: When you explode a component instance, you’re effectively turning it back into regular ol’ geometry. Explode is a lot like Ungroup in other software programs (in SketchUp, you use Explode to disassemble both components and groups).
How do I cut a line in SketchUp?
Dividing a line or arc
- Context-click a line or arc.
- Select Divide from the context menu. SketchUp place points on the line or arc to show where it will be divided.
- Move the cursor toward the center of the line or arc to reduce the number of segments. …
- Click the line when the number of segments you would like is shown.
Why SketchUp Cannot import DWG?
Note: Currently, Sketchup cannot read the new 2018 DWG file format. Therefore, if making frequently use of Sketchup with DWG files, be sure that AutoCAD 2018 (and newer) products are set to save as “AutoCAD 2013 drawing” or earlier.
How do I flatten a CAD file?
To flatten a drawing automatically in AutoCAD:
- Turn off or freeze any hatch layers with hatch patterns so they are not included in the selection.
- Type FLATTEN at the command line.
- Select all objects and press the Enter key.
- Type N for No when prompted to remove hidden lines.
How do you flatten layers in SketchUp?
Layers: Open the Window menu>Layers window, select the layers you want to merge and press Delete. SketchUp will ask you what to do with the objects on the layers – erase or move to the current or default (0) layer. The layer 0 cannot be deleted.