Because they exist in 3D space, you can use model lines to represent geometry such as cords or cables supporting a tarp. In contrast to model lines, detail lines exist only in the view they are drawn in (see Draw Detail Lines). … Model lines can be drawn in the project environment, or in the massing environment.
What is a detail line in Revit?
The Detail Line tool creates detail lines for detailing drawings. Detail lines are visible only in the view in which they are drawn. … Detail lines are drawn in the view’s sketch plane. They can be used to detail a view with part of the model visible, such as in a wall section or callout.
Can you convert detail lines to model lines in Revit?
Use the Convert Lines tool to change a line to a model line, a detail line, or a symbolic line. When you import a file and explode it in Revit, the import lines are converted to model lines. Model lines are visible in all views of the model.
Where are model lines Revit?
Use the Model Line tool to add a 3D line to the design. Click (Model Line). Where is it? Click Modify | Place Lines tab Draw panel, and select a sketching option or Pick Lines to create lines by selecting lines or walls within the model.
How do you draw a line in Revit 2020?
Sketch a Line
- Select a tool that allows for a line. …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab (or respective Modify | Place
tab or Modify | Create tab) Draw panel (Line).
- On the Options Bar: …
- Click in the drawing area to specify the start point of the line.
How do you use detail lines in Revit?
Detail lines are drawn in the view’s sketch plane. In MEP views, detail lines are sketched as full-toned lines. Click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line). Sketch lines as appropriate.
How do I enter a detail line in Revit?
To Join Polylines, Splines, Lines, and Arcs Into a Single…
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. …
- Enter j (Join).
- Select one or more polylines, splines, lines, or arcs that are located end to end.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you show detail lines in Revit?
Draw Detail Lines
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line).
- Sketch lines as appropriate.
How do you draw a spline in Revit?
Click Place Lines tab (or respective Place
How do you edit a line in Revit?
Open the view in which you want to change line styles. (Optional) To turn off Thin Lines, click View tab Graphics panel (Thin Lines). Click Modify tab View panel (Linework). Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down.
How do you make a model in Revit?
Create a Model
- On the Home page, under Models, click New. As an alternative, from the ribbon, click File tab New (Project).
- In the New Project dialog, under Template file, do one of the following: Select a template from the list. …
- For Create new, click Project.
- Click OK.
How do you draw 3D in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.