Solution: When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit
How do I open a local file in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
How do I find a lost Revit file?
Start Revit. Click Collaborate tab Synchronize panel (Restore Backup). In the Browse for Folder dialog, navigate to the copy of the backup folder for the central model (created in step 2), and click Open. If a dialog displays the message “Can’t find project file <file_name>.
How do I change the local location in Revit?
From Revit help:
- File tab / Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Set the desired location in “Default path for user files “
Where is Revit central file?
Open the appropriate version of Revit. Click File > Open > and navigate to the central model on the server. Click once to select the central model.
Why can’t I make central model Revit?
The Central Model is in use:
If the checkbox is grayed out only intermittently this may be due to another user synchronizing at the moment that the file was selected.
Why can’t I detach from central Revit?
The network connection/resource is busy, or disconnected (likely culprit) Someone is creating a local at the same moment (less often, but happens) Opening a file created in a newer version of Revit (less often) File is a Local file (user copied a local over a central)
How do I recover a corrupt Revit file?
Check Hard disk space. Check for Corrupt RVT links. Recover automatic backup. Recover manual backup.
If a good backup file can be recovered/opened, go through the following steps to clean up the model/system:
- In the Open dialog box, check the Audit and Detach from Central checkbox.
- Go to Manage > Purge Unused.
How do I recover a Revit journal?
- Locate the last journal file: %LOCALAPPDATA%AutodeskRevit<Version>Journals.
- Duplicate the journal file.
- Open a journal copy using *. …
- Try to find a line with Jrn. …
- Below mentioned line modify the path to look like this: “IDOK”, “<Model name>.
Does Revit save automatically?
Revit does not allow Autosave, the way that AutoCAD does. Revit files can be large and complex and saving them in the background can slow down the workflow considerably. It could also result in software blockage if saving occurs during the design of a complex geometry (for example, Model In-Place massing).
How do you move a central model in Revit?
To move all models, or larger groups, go through the following steps:
- Lock the server.
- Browse to the Revit Server Project Data folder (the default path for this is C: ProgramDataAutodeskRevit Server ####Projects, but this path can be changed during the installation of Revit Server).
- Move the files to the new server.
How do you create a central file in Revit?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
How do I know if my Revit is central?
To determine who is currently working on a project on which you are also working, check the Central File Access pane in Worksharing Monitor. For each workshared project that you have open in the Revit software, Worksharing Monitor displays a corresponding tab in this pane.
How do you detach from the central model in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.