– [Instructor] When we want to measure angles or create angled guidelines, we can use the Protractor Tool. Now this can be found under Tools, Protractor.
How do you measure in SketchUp?
To measure a dimension while in either view, follow these steps:
- Move your controller into view and direct your cursor over the model. …
- Click the model. …
- Click the Tape Measure icon ( ).
- At the prompt, move your cursor over the beginning point for your measurement and click.
How do you write dimensions?
Here are some popular examples:
- Boxes: Length x Width x Height (See below)
- Bags: Width x Length (The width is always the dimension of the bag opening.)
- Labels: Length x Width.
What is the most popular type of measuring tools usually 6 or 12 inches in length?
Rulers also differ in length; the most common type is the 6 to 12-inch ruler, which is commonly known as steel rule. It is a straight, flat, metal ruler that can either be rigid or flexible. It makes more precise and accurate measurements given the close distance of the markings to the target item being measured.
Which side of protractor do you use?
To measure an angle you put the rough side of the protractor down then put the vertex of the angle in the little hole in the middle, (shown on pages 3 and 4) and if the angle is acute you use the numbers on the bottom on the right but if it is acute but it is pointing to the left you use the left side and the top ( …