Sketchup has a very poor user interface, its tools are quite lacking, and attempting to make anything using curves is simple atrocious. The only justifiable use of Sketchup is for architecture. it’s not onshape.
How do I fix SketchUp problems?
- Update the driver for your graphics card.
- Open the SketchUp file. Then copy and paste the geometry into a new SketchUp file.
- Open the SketchUp file and select Window > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused.
- Make sure that no unusual characters appear in Scene or Layer names.
Is SketchUp safe?
That said, Sketchup is still a thing, and a version of it is still free. It is very much safe, and a wonderful program for at least basic 3D design. You can download it at sketchup.com. Don’t download it from other sites, as those downloads could be infected with malware.
Is SketchUp no longer free?
Is SketchUp still free? While there are paid versions of SketchUp, there is also still a free version of SketchUp. Although Trimble has retired development of the free desktop version, called SketchUp Make, you can still download the last version of SketchUp Make 2017 here.
How do I improve performance in SketchUp?
Optimizing your modeling techniques
- Stick to simple styles. Whenever possible, turn off shadows, textures, and special display effects while modeling. …
- Components are your friends. …
- Hide geometry you don’t currently need. …
- Choose JPEGs over TIFFs. …
- Disable fog and shadows. …
- Purge data that you don’t need anymore.
How do you purge in SketchUp?
Periodically, you need to purge unused components from your file. Doing so will reduce your file size and stop some of those SketchUp bug splats. To purge unused, go to the Window Tab > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused. While you’re there, you might as well click the Fix Problems button for good measure.
Is SketchUp still owned by Google?
Google’s sale of a previously purchased arm of the company this morning, 3D modeling software SketchUp, to Trimble, is its first divestment in years, and according to sources the search giant made a profit, as it sold SketchUp for more than it bought it for back in 2006. … It wasn’t that SketchUp wasn’t working.
Is SketchUp owned by Google?
Trimble Navigation (now Trimble Inc.) acquired SketchUp from Google on June 1, 2012 for an undisclosed sum. In 2013 SketchUp 2013 was released. A new site was provided, Extension Warehouse, hosting plugins and extensions for SketchUp.
How much is SketchUp Pro 2020?
SketchUp PricingNamePriceSketchUp Studio Subscription$1,199Single User/YearSketchUp Pro Subscription$299Single User/YearSketchUp Shop Subscription$119 Single User/YearSketchUp FreeFree Single User
Is SketchUp free any good?
SketchUp Free is a 3D app rather than a dedicated design app so you’ll need to put in a little more work, but it produces good results and has excellent camera controls.
Is SketchUp Pro worth?
The great thing about SketchUp (compared to other commonly used software options in the design industry) is that it is not only significantly cheaper, it also has a much lower learning curve, meaning it is much faster to get proficient at using SketchUp than something like AutoCAD or Revit.
What can I use instead of SketchUp?
- 1 | Blender. Blender isn’t quite as straightforward in terms of toolset as SketchUp, but it’s pretty darn close. …
- 2 | SolidWorks. If it’s flexibility and modeling capability you’re looking for, you could do a lot worse than SolidWorks. …
- 3 | AutoDesk Inventor. …
- 4 | Form Z Jr. …
- 5 | Sculptris. …
- 6 | Sweet Home 3D. …
- 7 | Shapr3D.
How much RAM does SketchUp use?
SketchUp Hardware and Software RequirementsMinimum SpecificationsRecommended Specifications4GB RAM8GB+ RAM700MB of available hard-disk spaceAt least 1GB of available hard-disk spaceIntel HD integrated graphics card with at least 512MB video memoryDiscrete Graphics card such as AMD Radeon R9 M37X 2048 MBЕщё 1 строка
Does SketchUp use graphics card?
SketchUp requires a graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.0 or better.
What is the best computer for SketchUp?
Find the Best Laptop for SketchUp
- Dell XPS 9560-7001SLV-PUS 15.6” Laptop.
- Macbook Pro 15” with Touchbar.
- ASUS Predator Helios 300.
- ASUS Vivobook Pro 15.
- ASUS ROG Strix GL703VD 17.3 Inch Laptop.
- ASUS M580VD-EB54.
- Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK.