What is the Move command in Revit?
The Move tool works similarly to dragging. However, it offers additional functionality on the Options Bar and allows more precise placement. Use the Offset tool to copy or move a selected element, such as a model line, detail line, wall, or beam, a specified distance parallel to the selected element.
How do you move a project base point in Revit without moving a building?
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the project base point, select the project base point.
- Drag the project base point to the desired location. …
- Optional: To ensure that the project base point does not move inadvertently, pin it in place by clicking Modify tab Modify panel (Pin).
How do you move a group of objects in Revit?
Specify the Position of a Group by its Origin
- To display the origin, select the group in plan or 3D view. Three drag controls display. Example. …
- Drag the center control to move the origin.
- Drag the end controls to rotate the origin about the z axis. Snap points help you place the origin or rotate the end controls.
How do you move a line in Revit?
Move Lines and Components with Walls
- Select one or more components.
- On the Properties palette, select Moves With Nearby Elements.
- Move the selected components to the desired position. Witness lines show dimensions from walls and other points. If desired, you can click a dimension to change it.
How do you move a 3D view in Revit?
In a 3D view, press shift and use the middle button to orbit the model. The center of rotation is the center of all model geometry. If you select an object and then orbit the view, the selected object is used as the center of rotation.
How do you send an object to the back in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select one or more details. The following tools become available on the Modify
tab Arrange panel. (Bring to Front). Immediately places the selected details in front of all other details in the view. (Send to Back). …
- Click the desired option to move the details.
How do you overlay models in Revit?
Show or Hide Nested Models
- Open the parent model to which the nested model is linked.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the Revit tab.
- In the Reference Type column, change the value for the linked model to one of the following: Attachment. …
- Save and close the file.
How do I use underlay in Revit?
Create an Underlay
- In the Project Browser, open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, for Range: Base Level, select the level you want to underlay. Range: Top Level is automatically set to one level above the Base Level. …
- On the Properties palette, for Underlay Orientation, select Look Up or Look Down.