How do I add a group model?
Click Modify | Model Groups tab Group panel (Attached Detail Groups).
- On the ribbon, click (Place Model Group). …
- In the Type Selector, select the model group type to place.
- Click in the drawing area to place the group.
What are Revit groups?
A group cannot contain both model and view-specific elements. If you select both types of elements and then try to group them, Revit creates a model group and places the detail elements into an attached detail group for that model group.
How do you manage groups in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
What does the group Tool do in Revit?
First, we’ll explore what Revit groups can do. Groups are a tool inside of Revit which allow you to select different families inside your model and group them together. Then, you can pull this group and place multiple groups in different areas.
Can you group objects in Revit?
Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK. Revit enters group edit mode.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. For example, if your original group was called Group 1, the new group would be Group 2. You can rename the group as necessary.
How do you explode a group in Revit?
Groups of elements can be ungrouped in order to edit the individual elements making up the group.
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
How do Revit Worksets work?
When you make a workset editable in Revit, you are taking exclusive ownership of all objects in it. Only one user can exclusively edit each workset at a given time. All team members can view worksets owned by other team members, but they cannot always make changes to them.
How do you scale a group in Revit?
Select the elements to scale, click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Scale), and press Enter . Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
How do you copy a group model in Revit?
Duplicate Group Types
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
How do you change a group name in Revit?
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name and click Rename, or select the group and press F2.
- Enter a new name for the group, and press Enter .
How do I view groups in Revit?
If you want to open the group in the group editor, select Open in Group Editor. The group editor allows you to add or remove elements from a group, attach detail groups (for model groups), and view group properties. Click OK.
What are Revit assemblies?
The Assemblies category of Revit elements supports construction workflows by letting you identify, classify, quantify, and document unique element combinations in the model. Video: Create and Document Assemblies. Combine multiple elements into a single assembly to be independently scheduled, tagged, and filtered.
What is the keyboard shortcut in Revit for hide elements?
Complete List of Revit Default Keyboard Shortcuts:
|KB Shortcut||Tool Description|
|PP or CTRL-1 or VP||PROPERTIES; TOGGLE PROPERTIES PALETTE / Toggles the Properties palette.|
|VH||HIDE IN VIEW:HIDE CATEGORY / Hides an element category from view.|
|LI||MODEL LINE; BOUNDARY LINE; REBAR LINE / Places a new line.|