How do I copy a view template?
Select the appropriate view type for the template you are creating. In the Names list, select the view template to use as a starting point for the new template. Click (Duplicate). In the New View Template dialog, enter a name for the template, and click OK.
How do I import a Revit template?
Click File tab Options. Click the File Locations tab.
Add one or more templates to the Project template files list, as follows:
- Click (Add Value).
- Navigate to the project template file, select it, and click Open. The template is added to the list. …
- Under Name, replace the default template name with a meaningful name.
Can you import view templates in Revit?
This is easily achieved with this free add-in ‘Transfer Template’. All that is needed is to run the add-in, select the linked project and choose the view which view templates to transfer.
How do I purge a template in Revit?
Delete a View Template
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
- In the View Template dialog, under View Templates, use the Discipline filter and the View type filter to limit the list of view templates.
- In the Names list, select the view template to delete. …
- Click (Delete).
Can you change a project template in Revit?
In Revit, select the File Ribbon tab, hover the mouse over New, and then select Project. If the desired template is not in the drop-down list of Project Templates, click Browse (1). In the Choose Template dialog box, navigate to the . rte file you’ve been working in (2) and Click OK.
What are Revit view templates?
A view template is a collection of view properties, such as view scale, discipline, detail level, and visibility settings. Use view templates to apply standard settings to views. View templates can help to ensure adherence to office standards and achieve consistency across construction document sets.
How do I modify a view template?
To access view template properties, click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates. Some properties are not available for all view types. Specifies the scale of the view. When you select Custom, you can edit the Scale Value property.
How do I load a template in Revit 2019?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.
Where are Revit templates?
The default location for templates will be within the path C:ProgramDataAutodeskRVT ####Templates. If the desired path does not exist, it can be set up in Windows explorer. If using a custom Revit. ini file, review the stored settings.